Infrastructure

Infrastructure

Communication and communication

The development of the information and communication industry in the region was promoted by a steady growth in the volume of provided postal and courier services, communication services, as well as an increase in the number of fixed Internet subscribers.

The growth of communication services was also achieved through the distribution of programs on cable infrastructure, wireless and satellite networks, as well as local telephony. There is a tendency to reduce the volume of long-distance and international communication services in parallel with the increase in mobile communication services.

In the Karaganda region, all rural settlements of the region are fully telephoned - 419 settlements.

Strengths:
1. 100% of rural settlements are telephones (419 DPR);
2. 100% provision of all settlements of the Karaganda region with the number of residents from 10,000 third-generation networks (3G);
3. all city and district subdivisions are covered by corporate satellite telephone and electronic communications;
4. low proportion of unskilled workers (4.5%).

Opportunities
1. government support;
2. the interest of the inhabitants of the region in the use of information technology


Roads

The road fund of the Karaganda region is 12,516.4 km and over the past 3 years the length of the road network has not changed.

The total length of public roads is 98.2% on paved roads, which is the second indicator in the country. Intensity of paved roads for general use km. per 1000 sq. km is quite low - 20.4 km. For comparison, in Kazakhstan this indicator is equal to 31.7 km, in the EU countries this indicator ranges from 50 to 110 km, and in most CIS countries it varies from 23 to 37 km.

The length of public roads of the Karaganda region is 10,604.8 km, of which 74% (7,831.8 km.) Are local roads. Of these, almost half of the roads with asphalt concrete pavement (49%), 38% are black-chipped pavement, 11% are White Highway (GSP) and only 2% are dirt roads.

Karaganda region has a transit transport potential. Through the territory of the region pass:
- meridional transport rail line Petropavlovsk-Astana-Karaganda-Shu;
- the northern corridor of the trans-Asian railway;
- one of the six main directions of road corridors - Almaty-Karagandy-Astana-Petropavlovsk;
- Republican roads Kyzylorda-Pavlodar and Zhezkazgan-Esil-Petropavlovsk, which are transit transport corridors that connect the southern and northern regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan. These roads provide access to Russia and are part of the Asian Highway.

Strengths:
1. high proportion of paved roads;
2. construction of the highway “Astana-Almaty” (the road of republican significance);
3. low proportion of unskilled workers;
4. The use of modern technologies and materials.

Opportunities
1. implementation of state programs;
2. development of new technologies;
3. proximity to the capital.

Transport

The main volume of cargo transportation in the region is carried by road transport, whose share is 92.7%, and the remaining 7.3% is cargo transportation by rail and other transport.

Passengers and baggage are transported in the region along 197 bus routes, including 80 intracity, 28 intra-district, 33 suburban, 56 inter-city intra-regional routes, covering over 280 localities or 56% of the total number of settlements.

Passengers are transported by air on the intra-regional flight Karaganda-Zhezkazgan of Zhez-Air Airlines.

Strengths:
1. by specific weight in the republican volume of passenger turnover in 2014, the region took the first place;
2. low proportion of unskilled workers.

Opportunities
1. implementation of state programs;
2. proximity to the capital;
3. high proportion of paved roads;
4. construction of the highway “Astana – Almaty” (the road of republican significance).









Install the application:
1) Open the website in Safari
2) Click save
3) Add to home screen